concept artist, illustrator, storyboarder, filmmaker
2011 to current
Aaron Sims Creative
- concept art for "Xmen: Dark Phoenix", "Noelle", "It", "A Wrinkle in Time", "Aquaman", "Wonder Woman", "Underworld: Blood Wars", "War for the Planet of the Apes", "Gambit", "Silence", "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows", Netflix's "Kong-King of the Apes" series, Netflix's "Tarzan and Jane" series, "Sin City 2", "Pixels", "Krampus", "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead
Men Tell No Tales", "G.I. Joe: Retaliation", DirecTV commercial, "I, Frankenstein", "300: Rise of an Empire", "Hercules".
- concept art, storyboards, set photography for "Star Track" DJ Smash music video.
- storyboards for "Independence Day Resurgence", O2 commercial, and an unannounced project.
2013 - 2014
"It Came From the Desert Scrapyard" - short film.
-director, editor, cinematographer, visual FX.
Unannounced short film.
-writer/director, concept artist, storyboarder/animatics, cinematographer, production designer, editor, special and visual FX, and stuntman.
2010 - 2013
-concept art for an unannounced game.
-concept art for Tide commercial.
-illustrations for several storybooks.
-character and creature concepts for "True Blood", "Underworld 4", "Falling Skies", "The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia".
-storyboards for a XBOX Kinect Ubisoft commercial.
-storyboards for Ultraviolet commercial.
-concept paintings for 2 unannounced titles.
Sony Computer Entertainment America
-concept art for "Twisted Metal PS3" and "Sony Home".
2002 - 2009
Principal Concept Artist
-Starting from a concept artist, working my way up to a senior artist, and finally a principal concept artist, my primary duties included creating concept art of characters, environments and vehicles. Other duties included storyboarding, creating and editing animatics, creating style guides, orthographics, directing mo-cap and VO actors, mentoring other concept artists, teaching figure drawing, and creating marketing images (box art, magazine covers, posters).
-Worked on the video games: "Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction", "The Saboteur", "Mercenaries 2: World in Flames", and unannounced title.
1999 - 2002
Flash Film Works
- rotoscope artist on "Collateral Damage" and "The Adventures of Pluto Nash".
White Noise Productions, Inc.
- created illustrations for computer game "Time-Eye".
Toonshoppe Media, Inc./Sony
- lead artist for internet cartoons "She-Creature" and "Earth vs. The Spider".
- illustrations for international DVD of "The Lion King 2".
COMPUTER EXPERIENCE: PC, the mac, Photoshop CC.
Some Experience in: Final Cut Pro 7, Maya, Premiere.
REFERENCES: available upon request.
Art Center College of Design 1999
BFA with honors, illustration major
OTHER EDUCATION: various years
Atelier Marchant, UCLA extension, Concept Design Academy, and Art Academy of LA (Associates in Art):
-took classes in cinematography, storyboarding, layout, sculpture, character and production design, environments, and vehicles.